Find out more about what’s been happening at Aktrion
An excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join one of our precision technology manufacturing clients in the south west.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will fulfill a vital role in establishing and maintaining a proactive quality culture within engineering and production. This will entail:
- Developing and managing the QMS
- Collation, statistical analysis and reporting of quality data and metrics
- Coaching team members in the appropriate use of quality systems & tools
- Conducting internal quality audits and driving through corrective actions
- Supporting bench-marking activities eg. FTY, and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Provision of technical support – both directly to clients and in support of commercial development projects – in relation to quality matters
- Review and evaluation of existing and emerging technology
To be successful in this role it is likely that the suitable applicant will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a Quality Engineering role, preferably in a precision manufacturing environment. During this time, they will have developed a proven ability to:
- Apply Six Sigma techniques to process improvement
- Transform relevant data into management reports
- Utilise manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Generate and execute an engineering quality control plan
- Articulate Engineering Quality principles to a diverse range of staff
Because of the critical nature of the role, excellent communication skills are clearly a pre-requisite for success.
The final salary offered for this role will reflect current experience and performance at interview. In any event we anticipate an offer in the c£30,000 range.
If you are interested in a Quality Engineer role based in the south west apply now by sending a current CV in response to this advert – or feel welcome to call Toby on 01952 239 471.Back to main news page